The community meetings at the Land O’ Lakes Community Center located at 5401 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. regarding the potential long term impacts of the sinkhole scheduled for September 9th and September 12th have been canceled due to the oncoming potential weather and will be rescheduled at a later date. When we have those new meeting dates we will post an update here.
WATER/WELLS TESTING INFORMATION
- Pasco County Government’s Environmental Lab found no E. Coli bacteria in the 20 wells it tested; however, 17 tests did show signs of Coliform bacteria, which occurs naturally throughout the environment, and is usually harmless. For more information on Coliform bacteria and its effect on private drinking wells, click here: http://bit.ly/2tg5RVv
- Pasco County is confident the Coliform presence in those 17 wells is NOT a result of the sinkhole. Coliform bacteria can occur in older wells and is easy to test fro. Regular well maintenance and disinfection is recommended for all homes with well water.
- Residents who would like their well water tested should do the following:
- Go to the Pasco County Environmental Laboratory located at 8864 Government Drive in New Port Richey and request a test kit for Total Coliform.
- Present proof of address and receive lab instructions to collect water.
- Take a sample of their tap water back to the laboratory. Results will be available in tow days.
- Pasco County is coordinating with the Florida Department of Heath to additional well water testing.
Senate Bill 80 – Changes to Public Records Act
The ISD has closed the boat ramp in Lake Padgett due to the over growth of hydrilla. The ISD has contracted with a vendor to treat the lake. We are going through the process that will allow the ISD to treat the lake as soon as possible. This treatment is a combination of three treatments that are done 17 days apart from one another. Once the treatment starts we will have more information on the hydrilla which will determine the opening of the boat ramp. Please understand we closed the boat ramp due to safety concerns. The other lakes are open for use. We currently have the vendor ready to treat and we have obtained the permit to treat the lake. The last component we are currently waiting on is the response from the owners on Lake Padgett that are outside of the District to give permission to treat. Once we get those signed letters back we can move forward to treat. Once treatment starts, it will be three treatments of Sonar. We will update this site as more information comes in. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call the District Managers office.